Welcome back to Highroad! Here is the schedule for Week 1 of our fall sports.
WEDNESDAY SEPTEMBER 7th
- 3 pm to 5 pm – Gr. 9-12 Girls Volleyball
- 5 pm to 7 pm – Gr. 8-12 Boys Volleyball
THURSDAY SEPTEMBER 8TH
- 3 pm to 3:15 pm – Gr. 8-12 Soccer Meeting
- 3 pm to 5 pm – Gr. 8 Girls Volleyball
- 5 pm to 6:45 pm – Gr. 9-12 Girls Volleyball
FRIDAY SEPTEMBER 9TH
- 3 pm to 4:30 pm – Gr. 8-12 Boys Volleyball
This summer we are hosting BC Bounce Basketball Camps for All Grades (K to 12) and Highroad Volleyball Camps for Grades 7 to 12. Please see the flyers below for information or email: email@example.com
SUMMER BBALL & VBALL CAMPS
Congratulations to all the Highroad athletes who have qualified for BC Track & Field Provincial Championships!
- Shae, Olivia, Leah, Selah, Caleb, Emma, Keira and Xander
- McLeod Athletic Park, Langley BC
- Day, Time, Event, Athletes
BC HIGH SCHOOL TRACK & FIELD CHAMPIONSHIPS
||JG – Triple Jump
||SG – Long Jump
||8G – High Jump
||8B – Triple Jump
||JG – 4x100m
||Selah, Keira, Emma, Leah
||SG – 100m Hurdles Heats
||JG – 80m Hurdles Heats
||8G – 80m Hurdles Heats
||8B – Javelin
||8G – 100m Heats
||100/80m Hurdles Finals
||8G – 100m Finals
||8B – Shot Put
||JG – 4x100m Finals
||SG – Triple Jump
||JG – 300m Hurdles
||8G – 200m Hurdles
- STREAMING LINK: http://www.athleticscanada.tv
- STREAMING CODE: ac7daytrialbcss
The event will be streamed in its entirety, and broadcast to Athletics
Canada TV in partnership with Runner Space. AC has offered BCSS a free
7-day code for all viewers. This code is public, and we encourage you to
share it on your social networks, or other communication channels so that
the event can be viewed without payment.
Monday June 13th 7 pm to 9 pm
- Semi-Formal Awards Dessert Night
- Doors open at 6:30 pm
- Tickets are $5 (Purchase at the school office)
- Team Awards (MVP, Knight Awards for each team)
- School Awards (Athlete of the Year, Knight Award)
Athletics Awards Night Poster
The Highroad Track and Field Team had another great performance during the Abbotsford Invitational Track Meet this past week. With many personal bests and top finishes, our small team competed like champions.
- Our athletes competed in a total of 24 events and had 12 personal bests.
- 1st Place = 6
- 2nd Place = 5
- 3rd Place = 2
- Total in the top 5 = 17
- TEAM POINTS:
- Boys Final Place (20th of 32 teams) – 4 Athletes
- Girls Final Place (5th of 28 teams) – 6 Athletes
- Emma Verreault (100m, 80m Hurdles, 200m Hurdles)
- Grade 8 Girls Aggregate Champion
- Total Women’s Aggregate Champion
- Keira Bergan (100m, 200m, High Jump)
- Grade 8 Girls Aggregate 2rd place
- Total Women’s Aggregate 3rd place
Tomorrow is the CESS Track and Field Standards Meet at Bear Creek Park in Surrey. Here is some information for the day.
- Leaving Highroad at 7 am.
- Returning around 3:30 pm. (For the grade 4 students, we are still planning on running little hoopsters until 4 pm tomorrow)
Please make sure you follow the packing list from your classroom teachers including food, water, extra clothes, and a cover or garbage bag to line your backpack and keep your clothes dry.
WOW! What a great weekend this was for our Track and Field Team for the BCCSSAA (Christian Schools) Provincial Championships.
- 3 first place finishes
- Jr. Girls 4x100m (Selah, Keira, Emma, Leah)
- 80m Hurdles (Emma V)
- Long Lump (Olivia S)
- 8 second place finishes
- 4 third place finishes
- Overall we had 20 top 5 finishes…with only 10 athletes – FULL RESULTS HERE!
- Emma Verreault – Grade 8 Girls Aggregate Award (Top Overall Gr. 8 Girl)
- 1st 80m Hurdles
- 2nd High Jump
- 2nd 100m
- BCCSSAA Sr. Girls ‘A’ Track and Field Champions
- Most Senior Girls total points for all BCCSSAA A Division schools
- BCCSSAA Overall ‘A’ Track and Field Champions
- Most total points for all BCCSSAA A Division schools
Last week we had our first track meet of the season and all of our athletes performed exceptionally including 2 first place finishes and multiple top three finishes. You can find all of the results HERE!
We look forward to another great week of track and field with meets on Thursday afternoon and Friday (details below)
- LEAGUE MEET #2 – Thursday April 21st – 3 pm to 6 pm at Rotary Stadium in Abbotsford
- BCCSSAA MEET – Friday April 22nd – 9 am to 4 pm at Rotary Stadium in Abbotsford
- Leaving Highroad at 7:30 am and returning around 5 pm?
Thursday April 21st – League Meet #2 – Updated April 18 2022 (Rotary Stadium, Abbotsford)
- Grades 8-12
- Meet Times: 3 pm to 6:30 pm
- Travel Times: We will leave Highroad at 1:45 pm and return around 7 pm (following the 4 x 100m relays)
- Events: All Hurdles, Steeplechase, 200m, 800m, 4x100m, triple jump, pole vault, hammer throw, javelin, shot put
- Highroad is running the javelin event
Parents, please take as many pictures and videos of our track and field athletes as possible and send them to me at firstname.lastname@example.org
All After school athletics will be cancelled tomorrow (Thursday April 11th) to set up for Easter weekend!
This includes Little Hoopsters (Gr. 4), High Performance Hoopsters (Boys Gr. 6-7) and Badminton (Gr. 7-12).
Thank you for your understanding!